Below is the SS2 Physics Scheme of work for First, Second and Third Term.
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR PHYSICS SS2
- The concepts of position and distance in coordinate systems.
- Uniformly Accelerated motion
- Basics concepts of simple harmonic motion (S.H.M.)
- Applications of simple Harmonic motion
- Force and equilibrium of particles/concurrent forces
- Equilibrium of rigid / coplanar forces centre of gravity and stability
- Equilibrium of bodies in fluids – upthrust, Archemetes and floatation principles
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR PHYSICS SS2
- Force momentum and Newton’s laws of motion
- Application of Newton’s laws’ resultant forces and acceleration.
- Simple machines
- Pressures in fluids
- Heat capacity
- Latent heats
- Practical effects of state changes:
Melting, evaporation, vapour pressures, boiling and humidity.
- Expansion of Gases and gas laws
THIRD TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR PHYSICS SS2
- Rectilinear propagation of light and reflection of light at plane surface
- Reflection by curved mirrors
- Refraction of light at plane boundaries
- Refraction and image formation by lenses
- Technological application of lenses: Optical instruments
- Basic concepts and propagation of wave motion
- Musical sounds: Waves in string and pipes
- The wave equation: Physical properties of waves.