Below is the SS2 Civic Education Scheme of work for First, Second and Third Term.
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CIVIC EDUCATION SS2
WEEK 1 CITIZENSHIP
- Meaning and definition of citizenship education
- Duties and obligation of citizens
- Preservation of tradition, custom and culture
WEEK 2 DEMOCRACY AND NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Meaning of capitalist democracy
- The features of capitalist democracy
- Competition for power
1. National Consciousness, integrity and unity.
WEEK 3 DEMOCRACY AND NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
1. Capitalist democracy
WEEK 4 IMPORTANCE OF EMPLOYMENT IN PROVERTY ALEVATION
1. Factors that guarantee employment
WEEK 5 FIRST CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT TEST WEEK 6 MID TERM BREAK
WEEK 7 POLITICAL APATHY
- Reasons for political apathy
- Why leaders fail to protect the interest of their followers?
WEEK 8 WHY LEADERS FAIL TO PROTECT THE INTEREST OF THEIR FOLLOWERS?
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CIVIC EDUCATION SS2
WEEK 1 POPULAR PARTICIPATION
- Achieving popular participation in politics
- Meaning of popular participation
- Reasons why people do not participate in politics.
WEEK 2 FORMATION OF POPULAR ORGANISATION
- Definition of popular organisation
- Formation of popular organization
WEEK 3 HUMAN RIGHT
- The meaning
- Limitation to human right
WEEK 4 CONTINOUS ASSESSMENT TEST WEEK 5 DRUG AND DRUG ABUSE
- Meaning of drug abuse
- The types of drugs and ways they are abused
- Symptoms of drug abuse.
WEEK 6 EMERGENCY PERIOD
- Limitations to human right
WEEK 8 PREVENTION OF DRUG ABUSE
- Drug law enforcement agency and administration
- Law promulgated to curb drug abuse.
THIRD TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR CIVIC EDUCATION SS2
WEEK 1 RESPONSIBLE PARENTHOOD
- The meaning
- Role of responsible parenthood
- Importance of responsible parenthood
WEEK 2 RELATIONSHIP/INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIP
WEEK 3 SKILLS THAT PROMOTE INTER-PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP
WEEK 4 INTER-COMMUNAL RELATIONSHIP
- The meaning of inter-communal relationship
- The importance of inter-communal relationship.
WEEK 5 FIRST CONTINOUS ASSESSMENT TEST
WEEK 6 SKILLS FOR RESOLVING INTER-COMMUNAL CONFLICTS
WEEK 8 TRAFFIC REGULATION
- The meaning of traffic regulations
- Examples or types of traffic regulations.
WEEK 9 ROLES OF INDIVIDUALS AND GOVERNMENT IN ENFORCING TRAFFIC REGULATION.