Below is the SS1 Mathematics Scheme of work for First, Second and Third Term.
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR MATHEMATICS SS1
- NUMBER BASE SYSTEM: Conversion from one base to base 10, conversion of decimal fraction to base 10, conversion of number from one base to another
base. Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of number bases.
- MODULAR ARITHMETIC:
Definition and concept of module arithmetic: Addition, subtraction and multiplication of module arithmetic and applying it to solving life problem.
- INDICES: Conversion of numbers to standard form; laws of indices, indicial equations.
- LOGARITHMS AND INDICES:
Definition of logarithm; logarithm of numbers in base 10, expressing logarithm as inverse of Indices, Graph of Y = 10x, logarithm and anti-logarithms tables of numbers greater than one, laws of logarithms – multiplication, division, powers and roots.
- SET: Definition of set, set notation, types of sets, set operation, use of Venn diagrams.
- SIMPLE EQUATIONS AND VARIATIONS: Change of subject of formulae involving bracket, root and powers. Types of variation – direct, inverse, joint and partial.
- QUADRATIC EQUATION:
Factorisation, completing the square, formulae and graphical method and obtaining roots from quadratic graphs.
- LOGICAL REASONING: Simple and compound statements.
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR MATHEMATICS SS1
CONSTRUCTION OF ANGLES 30, 45, 60, 90 e.t.c .
Triangles, Equivalent angles, Equidistance from 2 points, 2 lines, fixed point and 4 – sides plane figure given certain conditions, locus of given points.
1. PROOFS OF SOME BASIC THEOREMS IN EUDIDEAN GEOMETRY:
Angle sum of a triangle is 180o, the exterior angle of a triangle is equal to the sum of two interior opposite angles.
- RIDERS: Proofs of properties of
- Angles on parallel lines
- Angles in a polygon
- Congruent angles
- Parallelograms and intercept theorem
- TRIGONOMETRIC RATIOS: Sine, cosine and tangent with reference to right angled triangles.
- TRIGONOMETRY: Derivation of Trigonometric ratios of 30o, 450o and 60o from drawn angles.
- TRIGONOMETRY: Angle of elevation and depression and application of trigonometric ratios.
- TRIGONOMETRIC RATIOS: In relation to unit circle, Sine and Cosine of various angles.
- GRAPH OF SINES AND COSINES USING 15o, 20o, 30o, 60o etc.
- LENGTH OF ARC OF CIRCLE
THIRD TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR MATHEMATICS SS1
- Perimeters of sectors and segments
- Areas of Sectors of a Circle
- Areas of Segments of a Circle
- Relation between the sector of Circle and the surface of a Cone.
- Surface Area and Volume of Shapes – Cube, Cuboid, Cylinder, Pyramids, Cone, and Prism.
- Surface Area and Volume of fraction of Cones and Pyramids.
- Surface Area and Volume of Compound Shapes.
- Data Presentation and frequency distribution tables.
- Linear graph, Bar chart and Histograms Differences between Bar charts and Histograms
- Pie chart and frequency polygon.