Below is the SS1 Biology Scheme of work for First, Second and Third Term.
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR BIOLOGY SS1
- RECOGNIZING LIVING THINGS Characteristics of living things Differences between plants and animals
- ORGANISATION OF LIVING THINGS Levels of organization of living things Complexity of organization in higher organisms.
- CLASSIFICATION OF LIVING THINGS
Kingdom Animalia, Kingdom Monera, Kingdom Protista, Kingdom Fungi.
- THE CELL
Cell as a living unit of life, Cell forms, Cell structures.
- THE CELL AND ITS ENVIRONMENT
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR BIOLOGY SS1
- SOME PROPERTIES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE CELL
Nutrition, Importance of nutrition &Plant nutrition.
- MECHANISM OF PHOTOSYNTHESIS Cell respiration, Excretion, Growth, Basis of growth Types of cell division
Mitosis and meiosis
- CELL REACTION TO ITS ENVIRONMENT
- TISSUE AND ITS SUPPORTING SYSTEM
- ANIMAL NUTRITION Food substance
Balance diet Enzymes
- MAMMALIAN TEETH
THIRD TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR BIOLOGY SS1
Ecological concept Component of an ecosystem Major biomes of the world
- POPULATION STUDIES Population characteristics
Methods of population studies
- FUNCTIONING ECOSYSTEM Autotrophy and heterotrophy
Food web and trophic level
- ENERGY TRANSFORMATION IN NATURE
Energy loss in nature Laws of thermodynamics
- RELEVANCE OF BIOLOGY TO AGRICULTURE
Classification of plants
Effects of agricultural activities on ecological system
. Pest and diseases of agricultural importance