Below is the JS1 Business Studies Scheme of work for First, Second and Third Term.
FIRST TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR BUSINESS STUDIES JS1
- Introduction to business studies
- -Objectives of business studies
- -Branches of business studies
- What is an office? Types of office.
- -Advantages of a closed office
- -Disadvantages of closed office
- -Advantages of an open office
- -Disadvantages of open office
- Source documents i.e. cheque, receipt, invoices, local purchase order, Why are cheques dishonored?
- What is a ledger?
- Properties of ledger, sample drawing of ledger account.
- Terms associated with the ledger and double entry.
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR BUSINESS STUDIES JS1
- Business transaction
Sales and purchase journals Cash and credit transactions
- Returns inwards and outward journal and the tabular representations.
- Simple cash book (Double entry)
- Various departments in an organization
- Qualities of a clerical staff
THIRD TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR BUSINESS STUDIES JS1
- Production. Forms and types of industrial production.
- Factors of production: Land, Labour, Capital, Entrepreneur
- Business organization (formations and types).
- Relationship between producers and consumers.