Applications for government-sponsored scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate study abroad are now being accepted by Nigeria’s government for the 2023/2024 Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards
The Honourable Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, is inviting all qualified and interested Nigerians to apply for the Federal Government Scholarship Awards of 2023/2024 for:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Hungary, Egypt and Venezuela;
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, and Romania.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BEA PROCESSING DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!’
Federal Government BEA Scholarship Fields of Study
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), Pilot Engineering, Neurologist and
- Postgraduate level (Master’s Degree and PhD) in all fields.
Federal Government BEA Scholarship Criteria & Eligibility
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification (
Seven (7) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant
to their fields of study, including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2021 &
2022) for Non- African Countries, and for African countries, the age of the certificate is one year (2022) only. The age limit is from 17 to 20
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme, and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for PhD.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
NOTE (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice, which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu, which was opened Middle of November to close on 16 January 2023. Complete the application form online,
- All applicants for Russia should visit the website https://education-in-russia.com/ which will open in November.
- All applicants for the Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
- All Applicants are to upload the following certificates online
- UNDERGRADUATE (UG): WAEC/WASSCE
- POSTGRADUATE (PG): 1st Degree Certificate, Masters Degree WAEC/WASSCE, Indigene letter & NYSC discharge Certificate.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of the current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
- Birth Certificate & Indigene letter
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
How to Apply for Federal Government BEA Scholarship
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS/E-MAIL:
Application Deadline: January 6, 2023.