This is to inform all candidates who wish to apply for the 2022 UTME that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced a change regarding the reading texts for subjects like Literature-in-English, Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, and Arabic.
These changes would take effect from the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). This means that candidates will be asked questions from these texts in the 2022 JAMB exam. Candidates are advised to get these texts and start preparing for the 2022 UTME
For purposes of emphasis, the newly- introduced texts are highlighted below;
JAMB new reading texts for Literature-in-English, Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, and Arabic
ARABIC Reading Texts
- The Nigerian Arabic Poems ; a case study between the old and the new, by Abdulwahab Dan Ladi Shith
- Diwaanur Riyardh : A collection of Arabic Poems , by Dr. Isah Alabi Abubakar
- The Prospect Of Arabic Language in Nigeria, by Murtadh Badamasi
- A Selection of Pulpit Councelling, by Adam Abdullahi Al-Ilory
- Why The Anger On Us. A literature text , by Muhammad Salisu Mai Ango
- The perfection/Adornment of Pages ; A book of poems, by Abdullahi Bin Fodio
HAUSA Reading Texts
- Prose (zube) Turmin Danya
- Poetry (waka) Wakokin Hausa
- Drama (wasan kwaikwayo) Abin Da Kamar Wuya
IGBO Reading Texts
- Prose(iduuazi) Chinedu Ofomata (2009). . Enugu: Format Publishing LTD.
- Poetry (Abu) Nolue Emenanjo. . Onitisha: Evans Brothers.
- Drama (Ejije) Odunke Artists (1981). . Ibadan: U.P.L.
LITERATURE-IN-ENGLISH Reading texts
- Lion and the Jewel by Wole Soyinka
- Look Back in Anger by John Osborne.
- Second Class Citizen by Buchi Emecheta.
- Unexpected Joy at Dawn by Alex Agyei Agyiri.
- Wuthering Heights by Emile Bronte.
YORUBA Reading Texts
- Akojopo Alo Ijapa Apa Kin-in-ni by Adeboye Babalola (University Press Plc,Ibadan)
- Awon Oriki Orile Metadinlogbon by Adeboye Babalola (Learn African Plc, Lagos).
- Moremi Ajasoro by Debo Awe (Elyon Publishers, Ilesa).
- Oro Enu Akewi by Ayomide Akanji (Genius Books Publishers, Ibadan).
- Nitori Owo by Akinwumi Isola (Sumob Publishers, Osogbo).