Watch the video lesson below and answer the questions that follows. (Post your answer into the comment box below this post) NOTE: The correction will be posted soon.
Literary Devices Video Lesson.
Literary Devices JAMB Past Question Practice
Attempt the Questions below. Post your answer into the comment box, the correction will be posted soon.
1. In ‘I Will Pronounce Your Name’Senghor writes:’Naett that is the dry tornado,the clap of lightening’.
The figure of speech used in the above line is
- A. metaphor
- B. simile
- C. hyperbole
- D. irony
- E. synedoche
2. In ‘The Flight to Australia’ the following line occurs:’Tier upon tier it towered,the terrible Apennines’ The figure of speech used in this line is known as
- A. alliteration
- B. litotes
- C. exaggeration
- D. parody
- E. metonym
3. In literacy work, verbal irony refers to a _________?
- A. device in which the speaker means the opposite of what he says
- B. situation in which a character speaks or acts against the tread of events
- C. difficult situation which defies a local or rational resolution
- D. device in which the actor act on stage
4. A poet‘s use of regular rhythm is known as _______?
- A. allegory
- B. assonance
- C. metre
- D. onomatopoeia
5. A literacy genre which directly imitates human actions is______?
- A. Drama
- B. comedy
- C. Prose
- D. Poetry