Below are 125 report card comments organized by category. Read the entire list or click one of the category links below to jump to that list.
Interests and Talents
- is an enthusiastic learner who seems to enjoy school.
- exhibits a positive outlook and attitude in the classroom.
- appears well rested and ready for each day’s activities.
- shows enthusiasm for classroom activities.
- shows initiative and looks for new ways to get involved.
- uses instincts to deal with matters independently and in a positive way.
- strives to reach their full potential.
- is committed to doing their best.
- seeks new challenges.
- takes responsibility for their learning.
- cooperates consistently with the teacher and other students.
- transitions easily between classroom activities without distraction.
- is courteous and shows good manners in the classroom.
- follows classroom rules.
- conducts themselves with maturity.
- responds appropriately when corrected.
- remains focused on the activity at hand.
- resists the urge to be distracted by other students.
- is kind and helpful to everyone in the classroom.
- sets an example of excellence in behavior and cooperation.
- shows respect for teachers and peers.
- treats school property and the belongings of others with care and respect.
- is honest and trustworthy in dealings with others.
- displays good citizenship by assisting other students.
- joins in school community projects.
- is concerned about the feelings of peers.
- faithfully performs classroom tasks.
- can be depended on to do what they are asked to do.
- seeks responsibilities and follows through.
- is thoughtful in interactions with others.
- is kind, respectful and helpful when interacting with his/her peers
- is respectful of other students in our classroom and the school community
- demonstrates responsibility daily by caring for the materials in our classroom carefully and thoughtfully
- takes his/her classroom jobs seriously and demonstrates responsibility when completing them
- is always honest and can be counted on to recount information when asked
- is considerate when interacting with his/her teachers
- demonstrates his/her manners on a daily basis and is always respectful
- has incredible self-discipline and always gets his/her work done in a timely manner
- can be counted on to be one of the first students to begin working on the task that is given
- perseveres when faced with difficulty by asking questions and trying his/her best
- does not give up when facing a task that is difficult and always does his/her best
- is such a caring boy/girl and demonstrates concern for his/her peers
- demonstrates his/her caring nature when helping his/her peers when they need the assistance
- is a model citizen in our classroom
- is demonstrates his/her citizenship in our classroom by helping to keep it clean and taking care of the materials in it
- can always be counted on to cooperate with his/her peers
- is able to cooperate and work well with any of the other students in the class
- is exceptionally organized and takes care of his/her things
- is always enthusiastic when completing his/her work
- is agreeable and polite when working with others
- is thoughtful and kind in his/her interactions with others
- is creative when problem solving
- is very hardworking and always completes all of his/her work
- is patient and kind when working with his/her peers who need extra assistance
- trustworthy and can always be counted on to step in and help where needed
- has a well-developed vocabulary.
- chooses words with care.
- expresses ideas clearly, both verbally and through writing.
- has a vibrant imagination and excels in creative writing.
- has found their voice through poetry writing.
- uses vivid language in writing.
- writes clearly and with purpose.
- writes with depth and insight.
- can make a logical and persuasive argument.
- listens to the comments and ideas of others without interrupting.
- offers constructive suggestions to peers to enhance their work.
- accepts the recommendations of peers and acts on them when appropriate.
- is sensitive to the thoughts and opinions of others in the group.
- takes on various roles in the work group as needed or assigned.
- welcomes leadership roles in groups.
- shows fairness in distributing group tasks.
- plans and carries out group activities carefully.
- works democratically with peers.
- encourages other members of the group.
- helps to keep the work group focused and on task.
Interests and Talents
- has a well-developed sense of humor.
- holds many varied interests.
- has a keen interest that has been shared with the class.
- displays and talks about personal items from home when they relate to topics of study.
- provides background knowledge about topics of particular interest to them.
- has an impressive understanding and depth of knowledge about their interests.
- seeks additional information independently about classroom topics that pique interest.
- reads extensively for enjoyment.
- frequently discusses concepts about which they have read.
- is a gifted performer.
- is a talented artist.
- has a flair for dramatic reading and acting.
- enjoys sharing their musical talent with the class.
- listens attentively to the responses of others.
- follows directions.
- takes an active role in discussions.
- enhances group discussion through insightful comments.
- shares personal experiences and opinions with peers.
- responds to what has been read or discussed in class and as homework.
- asks for clarification when needed.
- regularly volunteers to assist in classroom activities.
- remains an active learner throughout the school day.
- makes friends quickly in the classroom.
- is well-liked by classmates.
- handles disagreements with peers appropriately.
- treats other students with fairness and understanding.
- is a valued member of the class.
- has compassion for peers and others.
- seems comfortable in new situations.
- enjoys conversation with friends during free periods.
- chooses to spend free time with friends.
- tackles classroom assignments, tasks, and group work in an organized manner.
- uses class time wisely.
- arrives on time for school (and/or class) every day.
- is well-prepared for class each day.
- works at an appropriate pace, neither too quickly or slowly.
- completes assignments in the time allotted.
- paces work on long-term assignments.
- sets achievable goals with respect to time.
- completes make-up work in a timely fashion.
- is a conscientious, hard-working student.
- works independently.
- is a self-motivated student.
- consistently completes homework assignments.
- puts forth their best effort into homework assignments.
- exceeds expectations with the quality of their work.
- readily grasps new concepts and ideas.
- generates neat and careful work.
- checks work thoroughly before submitting it.
- stays on task with little supervision.
- displays self-discipline.
- avoids careless errors through attention to detail.
- uses free minutes of class time constructively.
- creates impressive home projects.