A shortlist of 13 candidates has been selected by the governing council of University of Ilorin for the position of vice chancellor.
As of now, the committee has fixed the candidates interview date for Monday and Tuesday next week.
In October, Professor Sulyman Abdulkareem Age would complete the five-year tenure of his single term as Vice Chancellor of Unilorin.
Sources close to the committee who sought anonymity confirmed to our correspondent in Ilorin on Thursday that, about 23 candidates have applied for the vice chancellorship position of the institution.
He said that 13 out of the 23 candidates that applied were shortlisted for interview.
Those shortlisted for interview according to him are
- Professor Wahab Olasupo Egbewole (SAN)
- Prof. Mohammed Olanrewaju Ibrahim
- Prof. Olubunmi Abayomi Omotesh
- Prof. Bashiru Ademola Raji
- Prof. Ibraheem Ademola Katibi
- Prof. Mikhaila Olayinka Buhari and
- Prof. Ahmad Shehu Abdulsalam.
- Prof. Hassan Ajisafe Saliu
- Prof. Suleiman Folorunsho Ambali
- Prof. Raheem Adebayo Lawal
- Prof. AbdulRasaq Akinola Alada
- Prof. Baki Toyin Abdulrahim and
- Prof. Isaac Abiodun Adimula.
The source added that the interview for the 13 shortlisted candidates would start on Monday and end of Tuesday next week.
He noted that out of the 13 shortlisted candidates for the interview, three would be presented to the visitor to the institution, President Muhammadu Buhari for consideration.
He, therefore, said that “out of the three candidates presented to the visitor to the institution, one of them will be picked for the plum position of the vice chancellor of the university”.