Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Basic Midwifery Training Programme at the Lagos State College of Nursing (LASCON) Igando, Alimosho LGA, Lagos.
Starting from 2023/2023, the Lagos State College of Nursing (LASCON) has started running ND/HND in Nursing. As a result, it has joined the league of schools and colleges of Nursing that are asking for JAMB UTME before an aspirant can be qualified to apply.
Lagos State College of Nursing (LASCON) Admission Requirements and Eligibility
- Applicants must register for the current year’s JAMB UTME and choose Lagos State College of Nursing (LASCON) as the first choice institutions
- However, candidates who didn’t make the college their first choice, during the JAMB registrations, can now change to the college and make it the first choices
- Candidates must also have chosen and written English, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics in the UTME
- Candidates must score convincingly good marks in the UTME to meet or beat the cut-off mark to be decided by the management
- Candidates must equally possess WASSCE, NECO, GCE or NABTEB (O’Level) with credit in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry at not more than two (2) sittings.
- Candidates must be at least 17 years by March 2023
About Lagos State College of Nursing National Diploma in Nursing
Before now, the college of Nursing was used to run the Basic Nursing and Basic Midwifery program which, at the end of the three years of training, qualifies its graduates to be Registered Nurses (RN) and Registered Midwives (RM).
Henceforth, as a result of the new Nursing programme, the college will be admitting, training and producing National diploma holders in Nursing. And when they’re done, proceed to Higher National Diploma in Nursing.
The ND/HND Nursing is a four-year UNINTERRUPTED programme i.e 2 years for ND and 2 years for HND. Students start with the ND Nursing programme which is a non-terminal programme
Support and Notice
- Note that the first-year School fee is N230, 000:00 (Two Hundred and Thirty Thousand Naira) only payable before resumption.
- Lagos State College of Nursing Igando website – https://lascon.lagosstate.gov.ng
- For more information, please call 08034300081, 08027190334 & 08023329487.