Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Benue State University (BSU), Makurdi, degree programmes for the 2022/2023 academic session.
BSU Post UTME Eligibility
- Candidates who scored 150 points and above for programmes other than Medicine & Surgery, Law, Nursing, Radiography & Radiation Science and the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (200 and above) in the UTME.
- Aspirants who did not initially choose BSU as their first choice but are willing to come to BSU can apply for a change of institution through JAMB; provided they fall within the thresholds of programmes specified above.
Note: All candidates who applied for Law but scored between 150 and 199 may be considered for admission into any other programmes in the faculties of Arts, Social Sciences or Education. Also, candidates who applied for Medicine & Surgery, Nursing Science, B.Sc. Radiography and Radiation Science and Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS) in the College of Health Sciences but scored between 150 and 199 shall be considered for any of Anatomy, Physiology and other allied Sciences programmes.
How to Apply for BSU Post UTME Form
Candidates shall be required to Visit www.bsum.edu.ng
- Go to the Admissions menu, and click on the Post Utme/De link under the Applications section.
- Enter your JAMB number to verify your application.
- Once your details have been verified, click on the “proceed “ link to continue to the payments platform.
- Click on any of the three (3) payment options below to make your payment. which is either:
I) For cash payments at Bank; Visit any of the following Bank Branches nationwide to make payment.
- Access Bank Plc,
- Fidelity Bank Plc,
- First City Monument Bank Limited,
- Citibank Nigeria Limited,
- Heritage Banking Company Limited,
- Keystone Bank Limited,
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc,
- Standard Chartered,
- Wema Bank Plc,
- Providus Bank Limited,
- Zenith Bank Plc,
- ECO Bank Plc,
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc,
- Sterling Bank Plc,
- Diamond Bank Plc,
- First Bank of Nigeria Plc,
- United Bank for Africa Plc,
- Unity Bank Plc,
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc,
- Polaris Bank Plc.
Before proceeding to the bank, print your Payment Reference Number slip from the E-Payment Platform and take it to the bank. On receipt of cash from you, the Bank using “College Pay” will process your transaction and generate Payment Receipt for you.
(II) For On-line payments using Mastercard, VISA and Verve Cards;
Click on the “Pay Online” button, you will be taken to Interswitch Payment Page. From the drop down below the page, select you card type and enter the requested information to make Payment. Once your payment is completed successfully, a receipt will be issued and you can continue with your application.
(III) For payment at ATM terminals
Visit any ATM terminal with your ATM card and do the following:
- Select Quickteller from the ATM menu
- select pay bills
- Fill in the Payment reference Number generated from the E-Payment platform when you are requested to enter the Customer ID
- Fill in 04255101 when you are requested to enter the Payment Code
- Enter your GSM Number and complete the transaction.
After successfully completing the payment, return to the portal to login and print out your Payment Receipt
(IV) For payment using Quickteller from the Internet
Visit the Quickteller website www.quickteller.com/bsum while applicants for courses in the College of Health Sciences should visit www.quickteller.com/chsbsu to complete their transaction.
- Enter your Registration number
- Enter your email and mobile number and click “continue”
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete your payment
- Print out the payment confirmation slip
- Return to the portal and print out a payment receipt.
Note: This payment option attracts an additional N100.00
After payment, candidates are expected to revisit the University website www.bsum.edu.ng and still select “Post Utme/De link” under “Applications” section under the Admissions menu of the University website. Once on the page, candidates are to follow the steps below to complete their registration:
- Enter your UTME Registration number and click “Verify” button to verify your details.
- Click on the “proceed” link to login to your account to register and upload relevant credentials online for the Post-UTME exercise.
- Click on “My Bio Data” link to complete your Biodata.
- Click on “Upload Documents” link to upload the following documents:
- WAEC/NECO/NABTEB Certificates or statement of results (not online slips).
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of age.
- Marriage certificate/affidavits.
- Certificate of State Origin.
- JAMB Result slip.
- Click on “Acknowledgement Slip” link to print two (2) copies.
- Candidates are expected to present the Acknowledgement Slips on day of Post UTME.
- Candidates must upload their O’level results on the JAMB portal. Only candidates whose O’level results are on the JAMB portal will be given admission after passing all the prescribed examinations.
Deadline: Candidates have one month from the date of the Press Release to complete the payment and registration exercises to be considered for admission to the 2022/2023 session.