Are you an African youth who enjoys writing and would like to contribute creative ideas on the role of African philanthropy in community transformation? Submit entries for the Africa Philanthropy Network Essay Contest 2022.
The 2022 Essay Contest aims to amplify the voices of youth by providing them with an opportunity to contribute creative ideas on the role of African Philanthropy in transforming community challenges through innovation and practise.
African communities face constant challenges, but to what extent can they harness the power of African Philanthropy to transform community challenges through innovation and practise? The APN hopes to generate youth-led solutions on this important topic through this Essay Contest. One of APN’s key objectives this year is to strengthen and expand APN’s capacity as a thought leader and go-to-platform for making the case for African philanthropy, and such an initiative fits right in. This initiative aims to engage African youth between the ages of 18 and 35.
Theme for Essay Contest:African Philanthropy transforming community challenges: Innovation and Practice
Africa Philanthropy Network (APN) Essay Contest Eligibility
- The contest will cover all sub-Saharan African countries;
- Youth aged 18-35 years old;
- Fluent in English, French, Portuguese, and Kiswahili.
Africa Philanthropy Network (APN) Essay Contest Award
- APN will provide monetary and recognition awards to the first ten (10) winning essays. In addition to that there will be more incentives such as certificate of a participation, profiling through social media channels, and opportunity to speak in peer learning events.
How to Enter Africa Philanthropy Network (APN) Essay Contest
All entries must be submitted electronically through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Uploaded entries should contain the person’s name, and all contact details.
- Contact details (emails, social media IDs)
- Copy of national ID or passport
- Passport size photo (jpeg or PNG format, high resolution, 1024 x768 Pics, not more than 7mb)
- Maximum 1500 words, font Arial Narrow, size 11. References and footnotes are not counted in the word count. Non adherence will automatically be disqualification. Plagiarism shall not be tolerated and all entrants are encouraged to site their work, if they intend to use information that is not theirs.
- All submission must be in either in English, French or Portuguese and Swahili.
- Only one entry per participant will be accepted.