The Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire, and Immigration Services Board (CDCFIB) is soliciting applications from adequately qualified individuals for a full-time appointment in order to fill existing openings in the following posts within the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSDC):
Civil Defence Recruitment Available Positions & Specific Requirements
General Duty: Category A Inspectorate Cadre
- Inspector of Corps (IC) – CONPASS 07
- Applicants must be holders of NCE or its equivalent in any related field obtained from any recognized institution.
- Assistant Inspector of Corps (AIC) – CONPASS 06
- Applicants must be holders of a National Diploma (ND) in any related field obtained from any recognized Polytechnic/Institution.
Assistant Cadre: Category B
- Corps Assistant (CAII) 04
- Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE / NECO or other equivalents with a maximum of five (5) credits in not more than two sittings, which should include English and Mathematics.
- Corps Assistant (CA III) – CONPASS 03
- Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE / NECO or their equivalents with a minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two sittings which should include at least English and Mathematics or Trade Test Grade III (Artisans, Motor Driver Mechanics, Auto Electricals, Plumbers, Carpenters etc.)
Driver / Mechanic / Artisan: Category C
- Corps Assistant (CA II) – CONPASS 04
- Applicants must be holders of Trade Test Grade II (Motor Driver Mechanics, Auto Electricians etc.).
- Corps Assistant (CA III) 03
- Applicants must be holders of Trade Test Grade III (Motor Driver Mechanics, Auto Electricians etc.).
N.B: National Driver’s License is required for all prospective drivers.
Civil Defence Recruitment Statutory Requirements
- Applicants must be Nigerians by birth
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications. Any certificate or qualification not presented and accepted at the recruitment centre shall not be accepted after the recruitment.
- Applicants must be fit and present a Certificate of Medical Fitness from any recognized Government Hospital.
- Applicants must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offence.
- Applicants must not be members of secret societies, cults or drug addicts etc. Applicants must not have been involved in any financial embarrassment. Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years.
- Applicant’s height must not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60m for females. Applicant’s chest measurement must not be less than 0.87 for men.
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
How to Apply for Civil Defence Job Recruitment
- STEP 1: Open your browser and go to the Civil Defence recruitment application portal at https://cdcfib.career/.
- STEP 2: Click on apply now.
- STEP 3: Enter your Bio-data, and upload your certificates and National ID to submit your application.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted soon.
- Candidates should note that this application is absolutely free.
- Candidates are advised to print out the Referee Forms, which must be duly completed for submission during the screening exercise.
- Candidates should NOTE that multiple applications will automatically be disqualified.
Applications should be completed online within two (2) weeks from the date of this publication (December 12, 2022).