- What type of bond exits between an element X with atomic number 12 and Y with atomic number 17?
2. Hardness of water is mainly due to the presence of
A. calcium hydroxide or magnesium hydroxide
B. calcium trioxocarbonate (IV) or calcium tetraoxosulphate (VI)
C. sodium hydroxide or magnesium hydroxide
D. calcium chloride or sodium chloride salts
3. A suitable solvent for iodine and naphthalene is
A. carbon (IV) sulphide
4) Which of the following noble gases is commonly found in the atmosphere?
5) N2O4(g) ↔ 2NO2(g) ΔH = +ve
In the reaction above, an increase in temperature will
A. increase the value of the equilibrium constant
B. decreases the value of the equilibrium constant
C. increase in the reactant production
D. shift the equilibrium to the left
6) CH3COOH(aq) + OH–(aq) ↔ CH3COO–(aq) + H2O(l)
In the reaction above ,CH3COO–(aq) is
A. conjugate base
D. conjugate acid
7) How many cations will be produced from a solution of potassium aluminium tetraoxosulphate (VI)?
8) Which of the following is NOT an alkali?
9) An effect of thermal pollution on water bodies is that the
A. volume of water reduces
B. volume of chemical waste increase
C. level of oxides of nitrogen increase
D. level of oxygen reduces
10) Which of the following is a deliquescent compound?
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE CORRECT ANSWERS