Orderliness is the art by which things are arranged in a proper, neat and systematic manner. Orderliness also entails people taking time to become aware of everything going on in their lives which they may choose to handle in a certain way.
Orderliness involves behaving well, peaceful and obeying laid down procedures at all times in school, home, places of worships and the society at large.
Orderliness occurs when things are arranged or disposed in a neat, tidy manner or in a regular sequence: an orderly desk. observant of or governed by system or method, as persons or the mind. characterized by or observant of law, rule, or discipline; well-behaved; law-abiding: an orderly assemblage of citizens.
Orderliness is a quality that is characterized by a person’s interest in keeping their surroundings and themselves well organized, and is associated with other qualities such as cleanliness and diligence, and the desire for order and symmetry.
What are the examples of orderliness in the society?
- Joining queues.
- Following due process.
- Orderly conduct in public places/decorum.
- Peaceful co-existence.
- Obeying traffic regulations.
- Obedience to constituted authorities.
- Orderly conduct of examinations/avoidance of examination malpractices.
How can you show orderliness everyday?
1. Begin the organization process with areas that are most visible and/or problematic. Start small and be sure to allow sufficient time for each step in the process: sort, purge, assign a home, containerize, then maintain and equalize regularly.
2. Create systems that fit your life and surroundings.
3. Keep your systems and procedures as simple as possible.
4. Sort everything by how it is used and keep things close to where you use them.
5. Automate as much as possible – become more familiar with technology to use it to help organize information and pay bills to the extent that you feel comfortable.
6. Learn to say NO, lessen your commitments in accordance with your big picture life goals.
7. Use a master list to keep track of to-dos and projects.
8. Delegate whenever possible and don’t be afraid to ask for help from family, friends and professionals.
9. Purge and weed continuously. Set aside time each day to tidy and maintain your surroundings and schedule.
10. Establish a home for everything and return items to their proper place immediately (or shortly) after use.
11. Break up intimidating tasks
This is an important one! Breaking up large projects and assignments is key to not having to pull an all-nighter. Because let’s be honest, who wants to do that?
I previously took a class called the History of Advertising (a very interesting class, which I recommend taking!). On the first day of class, we were assigned a semester-long project, which consists of a large presentation due at the very end. My partner and I decided to do two PowerPoint slides each week, so that we aren’t struggling to cram the whole entire project into the last second when finals roll around.
12. Prepare the night before
This one is my favorite. Getting your stuff in order the night before will definitely help you stay organized! A great way to do this is making sure your backpack is all packed and ready to go. Once you are finished with all of your homework, put everything that you need for the next day back into your backpack. This will ensure you are not going to forget anything.
By packing your backpack the night before, you don’t have to worry if you have everything the next morning, which will save you time to get ready, and you’re less likely to stress!
13. Get good sleep
What does sleep have to do with organization? Rather than hustling and bustling to get your work done and pulling those all-nighters, make sure you are getting an adequate amount of sleep. When you get seven to nine hours of sleep each night, you can avoid feeling lethargic and unproductive the next day. You will regret it if you get nothing done and feel very unorganized.
Six ways of exhibiting orderliness in the society:
(i) Decorum in habits, relations, actions, programmes at the bus stop.
(ii) Queuing Culture by obeying rules that promotes orderliness like queuing at the ATM points.
(iii) Obeying traffic regulations or rules when driving.
(iv) Listening skills and politeness in the public.
(v) Tolerance of oppositions i.e, tolerating opposing views, religions and social critics.
(vi) Due process and justice; allowing thing to follow their proper order.
Examples of Orderliness
Examples of orderliness are:
- Decorum: Decorum is simply the to as requirement of correct behavior in polite society. It is the right behavior expected at a particular situation..Example is perfect silence among the students when the principal is speaking.
- Obeying traffic rules and regulation: It is important for every road users to obey the traffic rules and regulation while driving and there is need for proper understanding proper understanding of the traffic rules and regulation.
- Queuing culture: Queuing is an important way to maintain orderliness in the society. There may be need for us to queue up at some places where many people want to enjoy same services with us. This will help in letting things go in a well orderly manner. Examples of where queuing may be needed are petrol stations, ATM points, banks etc.
- Listening skills: Good listening skills help us to avoid misunderstanding, embarrassment and mistakes. there is need to be attentive to ever information.. Orderliness involves paying attention while others speak.
- Driving skills: Driving skills is needed before driving, it is important to go through the normal driving school process before prescribed by the authority concerned before making any attempt to drive.We demonstrate orderliness in driving by observing the traffic light and traffic regulations.
Roles of orderliness in the society
Roles of orderliness in the society are:
- It promotes peace in the society
- It brings about national growth
- It promotes national image
- It saves time
- It helps to reduce frustration
Merits of Orderliness
The merits of orderliness are:
- Orderliness promotes friendliness among people and societies
- Orderliness makes thinking and other things easy and possible
- It helps to bring about peace in the environment
- It brings about a sense of fulfillment.
- It is a good habit people can emulate
Roles of orderliness in the society are:
- It promotes peace in the society.
- It brings about national growth.
- It promotes national image.
- It saves time.
- It helps to reduce frustration.
How to Maintain Cleanliness and Orderliness At Home
- Start the Morning Right.
- Do a Quick Wipe Down.
- Keep the Dishwasher Empty.
- Sort through the Clutter.
- Keep Cleaning Tools Handy.
- Invest in Quality Materials.