- The Constitutional forms with two levels of Government is _________
- The essence of ECOWAS is to________
A. bring political parties together
B. foster interstate economic and political co-operation
C. emerging political event
D. expansion of scopes and powers
- The head of government under the 1979 Constitution is the _____
B. prime minister
C. speaker of the house of represenative
D. senate president
- The Characteristics of the Civil Servants which prevents it’s officers from addressing the press unless directed is known as ________
- The granting of internal authority to the regions came under which constitution?
A. Littleton Constitution
B. Richard Constitution
C. Clifford Constitution
D. Macpherson Constitution
- In the year 1911, who argued most representative system deteriorates towards an Oligarchy or Patriarchy?
A. Robert Michels
B. Adolf Gasser
C. Adolf Hitler
D. Edmunde Burke
- In the 18th century, a new wind of development blow over Europe and the development was referred to__________?
A. Labour Revolution
B. Doctrine Revolution
C. Industrial Revolution
D. Economic Revolution8
- One major merit of the Unitary system of government is that_______?
A. is most democratic
B. is cheaper to operate
C. eradicates co-operation
D. eliminate tyranny
- The legal right to exercise power in a state is known as______
- Bills passed by the legislature usually requires the approval of the following except_______
B. Member house of representative
- Dispute among member state of ECOWAS are settled by _________?
A. The Technical and specialized commission
B. Board of Trustee
C. The community tribunal
D. The council of minister
- ______ is the act of wearing campaign paraphernalia or carrying signs to a polling centre with the intent of influencing voters?
A. polling centre
C. passive electioneering
- The totality of Nigeria’s participation in the international system is known as ______?
A. International policy
B. foreign policy
C. economic policy
D. social policy
- one important agent of a political socialization is the _______?
A. political party structure
B. political party
C. party constitution
D. electoral college15
- The primary source of fund for local government is ________?
C. statutory allocation
- The United Nations is a replacement for which ineffective organisation?
A. World War II
B. League Nations
- Which of the following emphasizes the rule of law and human right protection?
B. delegated legislation
- Laws enacted by the legislature are known as ___ ?
- The Quorum in the OPEC conference is formed with the attendance of ?
A. one third of the member state
B. half of member states
C. member states
D. three quarter of the member state
- Bye laws are made by the _______?
- The organ of the UN that served as custodial of some African countries prior to their independence is _________?
A. The international court of justice
B. the security council
C. the truteeship council
D. the general assembly
- The chairman of the 1976 constitution drafting committee was _____?
A. Udo udoma
B. Ademola Adetokunba
C. Rotimi Williams
D. Niki Tobi23
- The needs of the citizen are made known to the government through ____?
B. political party
C. civil service
D. public opinion
- The organ that is responsible for the interpretation of law is known as _____?
- New partnership for Africa’s development was an attempt to overcome _______?
A. civil wars in africa
B. diseases in africa
C. obstacles to african development
D. coups in africa
- The problem that has bedeviled many developing societies is known as ______?
C. Inefficient judicial institution
- A formal group decision-making process by which a population chooses an individual to hold public office is ___ ?
D. public office28
- The system of government by the political parties in a democratic country is known as ______?
A. Party system
B. Party structure
C. Public opinion
D. Political party
- Ensuring that appointment into federal establishment in Nigeria reflect geographical spread is the sole function of the ____?
A. revenue Mobilization and fiscal allocation commission
B. civil service commission
C. federal character commission
D. public complaint commission30
- The transfer of certain powers and functions by means of constitutional or legislation process to the lowest levels of government is known as ___ ?
- When was the Nigeria flag designed?
- The elective principle was introduced by which constitution?
A. Macpherson Constitution of 1951
B. Clifford Constitution of 1922
C. Richard Constitution of 1946
D. Lyttleton Constitution of 195433
- The primary reason for the establishment of political parties is to _______?
A. Attain political power
B. protect political interest
C. make law
D. lobby the government
- The African country that was not colonized is ______?
- A major differences between pressure group and political party is that whereas the latter aims at winning power the former__________?
A. execute government policies
B. aims at winning election
C. influencing government policies
D. nominates potential leaders for government
- Which of the following is a process of military disengagement from Nigeria politics?
A. Increase in military budget
B. conduct of free and fair elections
C. Appointment of Army officers into political post
D. strengthening the Army
- division of responsibilities into distinct branches to limit any branches from exercising the core functions of another is _______?
A. fusion of power
B. parliamentary system
D. separation of powers
- In the 1976 reforms and the local government generally, which regime constitutes the Ibrahim panel of 1984?
A. Major General Muhammadu Buhari Administration
B. Olusegun Obasanjo Administration
C. Goodluck Jonathan Administration
D. Ernest Shonekan Administration
- Iran, Iraq and which countries first created OPEC?
A. Kuwait, Saudi Arabia
B. Venezuela, Dubai, Greece
C. Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait
D. Venezuela, Vienna.
- One of the demerits of the privatization of public corporations in Nigeria is ?
A. scarcity of goods and services
B. higher cost of goods and services
C. creation of unemployment
D. inefficient service delivery
- The indirect dimension of changing the government is known as ___ ?
A. coup de ta’t
B. military rule
- The head of the palace in the pre-colonial hausa system is ?
A. Sarkin dawaki
B. sarkin gida
C. sarkin fada
D. sarkin ruwa
- What is the name of the motion brought before the chamber asking that leave be given to bring in a bill?
A. government motion
- Early nationalist activities manifested in the form of _____?
- The appointment and dissolution of the board of directors of the public corporation fall under _______?
A. ministerial control
B. legislative control
C. political control
D. judicial control
- Sucessive population figures have been contested in Nigeria because of ______?
A. gender consideration
B. religious consideration
C. geographical disparity
D. political consideration
- In the United States, what do they call by-election?
A. special election
B. by polls
C. general election
- The identifiable spheres of control which the central government exercise over local government is known as ____?
A. Supervisory Control
B. Judicial Control
C. Audit Control
D. Appointment Control
- The 1976 Local government reforms was embarked upon by the central government under the leadership of ______?
A. General Olusegun Obasanjo
B. General Sanni Abacha
C. General Mohammed Buhari
D. Goodluck Jonathan