On this page you will find few practice question in Commerce (Transportation) which will enhance your preparation for the forthcoming GCE Exam.
Watch the video tutorial below, for detailed explanation of transportation, then answer the questions that follows, below the video.
Means Of Transportation
The various means of transportation are grouped into four major parts:
1. Transport by land
2. Transport by sea
3. Transport by air
4. Transport by pipeline (underground)
Importance of Transportation to Commerce and Industry.
- It facilitates quick and efficient distribution of goods and services
- it encourages large scale production by widening the market for goods and services
- it improves the people’s standard of living by facilitating their movement and making needed goods available
- Transportation prevents wastage of perishable goods
- it enhances specialization and division of labour
COMMERCE: WAEC GCE PRACTICE QUESTIONS
NOTE: TYPE YOUR ANSWERS INTO THE COMMENT BOX BELOW THESE QUESTIONS, THE CORRECTIONS WILL BE POSTED SOON.
1. The type of transport a manufacturer will use will be influenced by
- A. type of sales
- B. the tax on the goods
- C. the customer’s age
- D. nature of the goods
2. A contract made between a ship owner and a merchant for the carriage of cargo is
- A. ships’ manifest
- B. charter party
- C. freight forward
- D. cargo service
3. A cheap means of carrying bulky goods over long distance is by?
- A. rail
- B. road
- C. air
- D. pipeline
4. A shipping document detailing the charges for carrying a particular cargo for a specified voyage is?
- A. dock warrant
- B. freight note
- C. bill of lading
- D. mate’s receipt
5. Which of the following is a safest way of sending important documents through the post
- A. Registered mail
- B. Parcel post
- C. Letter post
- D. Express mail
6. Which of the following ancillary services makes it possible for goods to be where they are required?
- A. Communication
- B. Banking
- C. Transportation
- D. Insurance
7. The main advantage of sea transport over air transport is
- A. capacity
- B. speed
- C. safety
- D. patronage
8. The mode of transport that conveys goods at low cost per unit is
- A. road
- B. rail
- C. pipeline
- D. air
TYPE YOUR ANSWERS INTO THE COMMENT BOX BELOW, THE CORRECTIONS WILL BE POSTED SOON.