On this page you will find few practice questions in Chemistry (Chemical Bounding) which will enhance your preparation for the forthcoming GCE Exam.
TOPIC: CHEMICAL BOUNDING
Watch the video tutorial below, for detailed explanation of chemical bounding, then answer the questions that follows, below the video.
CHEMISTRY: WAEC GCE PRACTICE QUESTIONS
NOTE: TYPE YOUR ANSWERS INTO THE COMMENT BOX BELOW THESE QUESTIONS, THE CORRECTIONS WILL BE POSTED SOON.
1. When element 20Y combines with element 8Z, it forms
- A. A covalent compound , YZ is formed
- B. A covalent compound, ZY is formed
- C. An ionic compound, YZ is formed
- D. An ionic compound, ZY is formed
2. The bond formed between H2O and H+ to form the hydroxonium H3O+ is
- A. Dative
- B. Covalent
- C. Electrovalent
- D. Ionic
3. Which of the following bonds are broken when ethanol is boiled?
I. Covalent bonds
II. Ionic bonds
III. Hydrogen bonds
- A. I only
- B. II only
- C. III only
- D. I, II, III
4. Which of the following properties would not influence electrovalent bond formation?
- A. Electronegativity
- B. Electron Affinity
- C. Ionization potential
- D. Catalytic ability
5. The complex compound formed by the combination of two elements with a large electronegativity difference is likely to be
- A. polar covalent
- B. giant molecular
- C. covalent
- D. ionic
6. Which of the following metals has the strongest metallic bond?
- A. 13Al
- B. 19K
- C. 12Mg
- D. 11Na
7. Which of the following statements is correct?
- A. Covalent compounds would readily ionize in solution
- B. Covalent compounds consist of ions
- C. Hydrogen bond is formed between a metal and a non-metal
- D. Ionic compounds in solution would conduct electricity
8. The bond angle in tetrahedral molecules such as tetrachloromethane is
- A. 180.0°
- B. 109.5°
- C. 105.5°
- D. 90.0°
9. An element with the electron configuration of 1s 22s 22p 6 would have a combining power of
- A. o
- B. 2
- C. 6
- D. 8
10. The bond formed when two electrons that are shared between two atoms are donated by only one of the atoms is
- A. covalent
- B. dative
- C. ionic
- D. metalic
TYPE YOUR ANSWERS INTO THE COMMENT BOX BELOW, THE CORRECTIONS WILL BE POSTED SOON.