Are you looking for a reputable institution where you can learn more about entrepreneurship, management, and business administration in Nigeria?
If yes, this is one of the best articles on Lagos Business School. You will get to know the Courses, School Fees, Location, Admissions Requirements and more about the school.
A Short Introduction To Lagos Business School (LBS)
Lagos Business School (LBS) is the best business school in Nigeria. It ranked among the top 40 on the 2020 Better World MBA ranking.
The institution started in 1991 as a modest institution called the Centre for Professional Communications (CPC) and a subordinate of Pan Atlantic University.
It offers management courses applicable to the business sector in Nigeria.
Lagos Business School equips you with the knowledge, skills, and capabilities required to run a profitable business and career.
It is also a member of the Global Business Schools Network (GBSN) and the Association of African Business Schools (AABS).
The LBS was the first business school in Africa to be accredited by the Association for Advanced Collegiate School of Business (AACSB).
The school campus is located in Ajah, Lekki, Lagos State.
For many years, Lagos Business School has joined other business schools to create ethical business leaders for Africa and the rest of the world with other business schools in Africa and other parts of the world.
Some of the business schools they have joined forces with are:
IESE Business School – Spain
IESEG School of Management – France
IPADE Business School – Mexico
Nanyang Business School – Singapore
Strathmore Business School – Kenya
MDE Business School – Ivory Coast
University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business – South Africa
University of Stellenbosch Business School – South Africa
Lagos Business School Courses
This article gives you all the details about the programs available and their specific criteria.
However, Lagos Business School offers both academic and executive education programmes, as written below:
1. Academic Programmes: These include the Full-time MBA, Executive MBA, and Modular Executive MBA.
2. Executive Education: This includes the Advanced Management Programme, Agribusiness Management Programme, Chief Executive Programme, Customized Programmes, Management Acceleration Programme, Open Seminars, and Owner Management Programme.
Lagos Business School Short Courses
At the Lagos Business School, courses are in a variety of modules. There are four modules:
The Basic Management Disciplines Modules, the Elective Module, the Personal Effectiveness and Working Group Module, and the Decision Making Considerations and Business Integration Module.
1. Under the Basic Management Disciplines Module, the courses offered are the management of Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Entrepreneurship, Operations, Management Information Systems, Corporate Financial Accounting and cost, and management accounting.
2. The courses available under the Elective module are Oral Presentation Skills, Coaching and Mentoring, Social Skills for Business Performance, Managing the Health of Executives, Organizational Diplomacy, Work-Life Balance, Business Continuity Planning/Disaster Management, and Leadership Skills.
3. The courses available under the Personal Effectiveness and Working in Groups Module include Project Management, Business Games, Team Building, and Negotiation.
4. The courses offered under the Decision Making Considerations and Business Integration Module are Business Ethics, Economic Analysis, Business Problem Analysis, Social-Political Environment of Business, and Business Policy.
Lagos Business School: Departments available
The faculty of the institution consists of the following departments:
2. Analysis of Business Problems
3. Business Ethics
4. Corporate Governance
8. Human Resource Management
9. Management Information Systems
10. Operations Management
11. Sales and Marketing
12. Social and Political Economy of Business
Lagos Business School MBA
The Lagos Business School MBA program is a typical curriculum that adheres to international best practices without abandoning professionalism and strict ethical standards.
The goal of the MBA program is to create noble leaders for Africa, starting with Nigeria.
Lagos Business School Executive MBA
The EMBA program is created to provide students with the information and abilities necessary to become transformational business leaders in our changing and ambitious corporate environment.
However, the EMBA’s objective is to establish an environment where participants may learn how to handle real-life challenges by investigating, talking about, and cooperating as a team to gain a deeper understanding and address organizational issues.
Interestingly, the EMBA is best for people who work full-time since it allows them to put what they learn into practice while they finish their academic curriculum.
The EMBA’s exposure is a well-rounded program that provides participants with a broad perspective on life.
Lagos Business School Fees and Financial
Full MBA Program
- First Session: N2,511,630
- Second Session: N2,511, 630
- Total Programmes fees: = N5,023,260
- Registration fee = N5,000
- GMAT= $285 (2021) or GRE= $205 (2021)
Can The School Fees Be Paid In Installments?
The Lagos Business School offer six instalment options. The fees cover tuition and course materials.
Also, only the fresh students pay the registration fee.
You should note that the fee does not cover accommodation and other charges. However, students must make payments before the due period.
Does The School Provide Accommodation?
The institution does not provide accommodation but can assist you with information on how to find suitable housing around the school.
How Much Are EMBA School Fees?
Executive MBA fees: The programme costs N3,500,000 per session. Students can pay the fee in instalments at the beginning of each semester, which covers tuition and course materials.
The program is delivered in six 14-week semesters spread over two sessions for a period of 24 months. A session begins in January and ends in December.
Classes are held on Fridays from 1.30 p.m – 7.45 p.m. and Saturdays from 9.00 a.m – 1.45 p.m.
Additionally, there is a five-day intensive week once every semester, where classes hold from 9.00 a.m to 3.30 p.m. from Monday through Friday. There are no classes on the Saturday following an intensive week.
Executive education at LBS is comprehensive, drawing on the experiences of multi-national faculty and participants.
LBS teaching system ensures that participants gain management knowledge and skills by employing the case-study method and group-work approach to learning. LBS believe in learning by doing.
Aside from the MBA and EMBA, there are some other programs you can enrol in at LBS. These include:
Advanced Management Program
Owner Manager Program
Senior Management Program
Chief Executive Program
Management Acceleration Program
Agribusiness Management Program and
Global Chief Executive Programme
You can visit the LBS website for more information on these courses.
Lagos Business School Address
The Lagos Business School is located within the premises of Pan-African University, Km 22, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Ajah, Lagos State.
Lagos Business School Admission Requirements
Like any other institution, Lagos Business has admission requirements that all applicants must meet to be accepted.
You are to submit the necessary information (including documents or interview results) requested of you to the school authorities to check if you are qualified to be given admission into the school.
Nevertheless, to be considered for admission, you must meet all the following requirements:
1. WAEC Certifications: This is a core requirement for admission into LBS.
Candidates must have five credit passes, including English and Mathematics at the Ordinary Level for Anglophone countries.
2. Minimum of a Second-Class Lower University Degree: Candidates must possess at least a second-class bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
3. GMAT or GRE: Candidates must have taken an international exam like the GMAT or GRE. If candidates meet other requirements, a candidate who performs well on either of these tests will be in a good position.
4. Post-Qualification Experience: Candidates must have at least 3-years of working in a professional firm to be admitted into LBS.
5. Interview: This is the last stage of the selection. During the interview, candidates must exhibit intellectual prowess, professionalism, maturity, and the ability to make wise decisions and solve problems.
However, the interview also evaluates the candidate’s confidence and delivery abilities.
Lagos Business School Application Documents
- A completed application form
- Three reference forms (these may also be sent directly by the referees)
- Copies of O-Level and university degree certificates (statements of results are acceptable)
- Official Transcripts sent after you have gained admission(these may be sent directly by your former school)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of the NYSC Certificate or Letter of Exemption (for Nigerians only)
- A passport photograph
So, these are some of the important information you need to know about Lagos Business School. If you have any questions, kindly drop them in the comment section.